From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 1994 05:27:14 -0400
It certainly is not important compared to the apparent goings on at BC
but yesterday, I wrote:

>A second article mentioned next year's captain
>and assistant captains (isn't alternate the correct word?).  It did
>state that Adam Bartell was going to be the 97th student athlete to
>captain the Rensselaer hockey team.  This number seems somewhat high.

Last evening I looked at the 93-94 press guide which has a list of all
of the RPI captains including those before hockey was reinstated in
49-50.  Bartell is indeed the 97th captain according to this list.
Actually, he is at least the 98th because the fact that Bill Daniels
was a cocaptain at the start of the 66-67 season before being replaced
by Dale Watson is not noted.  Just want to put the record straight.

In regard to the situation at BC, I have always wondered how schools
know how many scholarships to offer because not everyone offered a
scholarship is going to take it.  Schools have the same trouble in
deciding how many students to admit into the general student body each
year, but if a few more accept than they had anticipated, there is no
real problem here.  I suppose that the reason that RPI apparently still
has one scholarship to offer is that someone who was expected to take a
scholarship didn't.  Is there anyone at BC who wouldn't really rather
become an engineer? :-)

Ralph Baer  RPI '68, '70, '74