From:
"Lee M. Klancher" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
leeford200 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 16:37:26 EST
FINNISS writes:
" I was waiting for Minnesota to do something to impress me.  Well, they
never did.  Lowell appeared to be playing a pretty controlled game (which I
had expected, from my conversation with Ed Walsh earlier) and seemed to be
dominating the play.  But, as I said above, I left after the second period.
So I didn't get to see Minnesota's comeback.  Obviously, they played a lot
better in the third and in OT than they showed me. From what I saw of
Minnesota (and this is no slight to Gopher fans), they're in trouble.  If
they play at all like they did in the first two periods against Lowell when
they face the Terriers, it's going to be a very tearful homecoming."

You're right, if Minnesota continues this kind of play, they won't give BU
any trouble. I spent most of the first two periods of the Minnesota game on
the coach wincing and praying that Callinan could keep them in it. With CC
out, I felt like the Gophs owed to the WCHA to show up to play. Alas, they
did not, even when they did control the play in the 3rd and OTs.

When Minnesota passes and skates, they are an exciting team. Let's hope they
do so in St. Paul.

Lee Klancher
Minnesota '92

P.S. Yep, cheerleaders suck. The only redeeming factor of the MN twits is
that they skate, but their feeble little cheers defeats any respectability
they gain from skating. You'd think a good hockey state like Minnesota would
have better sense...

Goldy, on the other hand, is an alright sort. The Goldy of 90/91 began the
chant "Buzzy, Buzzy, Buzzy SUCKS!!!!" (Buzz Christianson is a well-known
schizoid zebra.) The same rodent also wrote a book about Gopher hockey that's
not all bad.