From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 08:50:00 PST
1993-94 CCHA ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM

Clayton Beddoes, Lake Superior, Mechanical Engineering [3.47]
Craig Brown, Western Michigan, Physical Education [3.27]
Tim Christian, Ferris State, Recreation Leadership & Mgmt [3.22]
Brian Holzinger, Bowling Green, Business [3.28]
Craig Lisko, Ferris State, Information Systems Mgmt [4.00] **
Colin Ward, Western Michigan, Marketing [3.51]

** Master's student

HONORABLE MENTION

  Chris Brooks, Western Michigan
  Shannon Finn, Illinois at Chicago
  Garry Gruber, Notre Dame
  Bob Krosky, Kent
  Eric Kruse, Michigan State
  Jay Matushak, Notre Dame
  Claude Morin, Kent
  Jay Ness, Lake Superior
  Nicolas Perreault, Michigan State
  Alan Sinclair, Michigan
  Adam Smith, Ohio State
  Dean Sylvester, Kent
  Brad Willner, Lake Superior

COMMENTS:
As much as I give it to some of these guys on the ice, I have
to applaud their academic achievements.  Beddoes, making his
third consecutive appearance and Lisko, a 4.0 while finishing
his Master's, stand out in particular.

At Michigan, my friends and I have often referred to Al
Sinclair as a "mental giant".  :-)

One surprise omission is UM's Steven Halko...a fine defenseman
and engineering major.

  John H
  U Mich