From:
James Old <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Old <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 1994 10:58:55 EST
Blaine Lacher registered his 4th consecutive shutout in net for Lake
Superior on Saturday night.  (Two shutouts at Kent State last weekend, two at
home in playoff hockey against Ohio State this weekend.)  I sure wish that I
could have been at just one of those games!  This is being touted in the Soo as
a CCHA and NCAA record for consecutive shutout minutes. Apparently the Lakers
came out playing their best hockey in years Saturday night knowing that Lacher
needed only about ten minutes to set the record.  (I realize that there is no
"official" record book for college hockey, but could someone out there confirm
this as a record?)  They eased off for the rest of the game, but Ohio State got
chippy and were shorthanded for much of the rest of the game.

It's nice to see the Lakers coming on strong at season end, but I sure wish
that they would have been doing this since about December.

James Old
Yooper wishing he could be home for the playoffs.
Sault High '88
Hillsdale College '92
Notre Dame '00+?