From:
Nicholas Strangas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicholas Strangas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 21:22:08 -0500
On Sun, 20 Feb 1994, Eric Rickin wrote:

> In the opening moments of the Michigan-Miami hockey game on friday, I saw
> the Miami Goalie toss his stick at the puck to knock it away (after a few
> scoring chances by michigan).  this wasn't called.  Should it have been?
> What type of penalty is this, if it is one.

        I'm not exactly positive, but I believe it calls for a penalty
shot. Team USA goalie Garth Snow did it against Canada last week and the
Canadians were given a penalty shot. Again, that's the Olympics. I'm not
exactly sure of the ruling on the collegiate level.

Nick Strangas
University of New Hampshire