Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1993 23:43:01 -0400
Charlie writes:
>I missed the note about Richter, but there was an article about Rolston
>and Dunham (who early last year announced that he had no intention of
>playing his senior year at Maine) in today's paper.

I always wondered if Dunham's early announcement affected his
bargaining position at all.  Maybe not, but I don't see how it could
have helped, since he could have held out the possibility that he'd
return to Maine either this year or next.

>What I thought was most interesting is that the contracts Dunham and
>Rolston signed with NJ says that they can play with the US Olympic
>team if the *don't* make the Devils squad.  That could lead to all
>sorts of scenarios come next winter.  Interesting.

This sounds like the decision as to whether or not they play with Team
USA is up to the Devils...right?  That's different from Drury's deal
with Calgary, where apparently the decision was left up to him.
---
Mike Machnik            [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors                  *HMN*  11/13/93
(All opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)
R.I.P. Reggie Lewis NU/Celtics #35