Sender:
From:
"But....these go to eleven." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1993 11:13:05 -0400
>Where is Jim Montegomery on this list? The all-time leading scorer in the east,
>he has proven to be the best of clutch players,....  I have a Hockey East
>yearbook and it did not list him as being drafted yet... however, I could be on
>drugs I suppose and missed it.

  I believe the rule is that if a player is eligible but not drafted for two
drafts, he becomes a free agent.  So if teams don't notice him when he's 18
or 19 years old and he blossoms later on, he's free to shop the market.
  Bruce Hoffort and Dave Gagnon are two names that come to mind that had this
happen to them... (though they haven't made it).  Come to think of it, I
think Adam Oates as well...

Carl Lindberg