Sender:
From:
"Larry Haag, Eastman Kodak Co., Rochester, NY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1993 14:52:03 -0400
Bri writes:

>I was talking with a friend of mine from Minneapolis about the NC$$'s
>and how the WCHA did. He noted that the WCHA went 4-0 in the first
>round but 0-4 the next night. He was complaining that it was really
>unfair for the 3-6 seeds because they had to play two nights in
>a row while the 1-2 seeds got a needed extra day. He figured that
>the WCHA might have faired better if they had a rest. This might not
>be an outrageous sentiment since the Michigan-Wisconsin and LSSU-UMD
>were both very close and fatigue may have had a role in the WCHA losses.

If I remember right, wasn't there speculation last year that Maine was upset in
the quarter finals in the East regionals because they had received a first
round bye, while their opponent (Mich. State?) was already rolling when they
stepped on the ice due to their win the previous night?  You can't have it both
ways.

The fact that the games the first night took their toll may be a legitimate
one, but as was stated last year, all teams know what their possible opponents
are going to be and have a week to put together game plans.

                              Larry

Lawrence E. Haag
Eastman Kodak Company                   Reply to [log in to unmask] -OR-
Rochester NY 14652-3302                          [log in to unmask]
(716) 477-3669

        "A government big enough to give you everything you want
        is a government big enough to take away everything you have."
                              former President Gerald Ford