Sender:
From:
Scott Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1993 21:22:16 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] (Droopy) writes:

>Oh yeah, well mine is 2.03 cents (inflation). Nyah! :)
>
>Besides, the central point is whether the bigshot alumni have more of a right
>to enjoy the game (because they contribute $$$) than the penniless students.
>Both have the right enjoy the game and show enthusiasm. Granted, there
>has to be a middle ground found but that means that neither "side" is
>going to have it 100% the way they like it.

>BRI FARENELL        CLARKSON '95        [log in to unmask]

You are exactly correct.  Both have the right to enjoy the *GAME*.  But if
the Pep Band prevents *ANYONE* from enjoying the game (which is what that
little ticket that I bought says is going to be played at the arena), then
I think it's the Band that should accomodate the fan.  After all, I didn't
buy season tickets to listen to a Pep Band.

Again, don't get me wrong.  I enjoy the RPI Pep Band, and would be
disappointed if they were asked to stop playing at games.  But if there is
a significant number of people that are complaining about the band, then I
think something should be done to let them enjoy the game - whether or not
they contribute money to the hockey program is moot.

Sure, the best solution is a half-way medium, but IMHO there will always be
someone that's going to go to extremes, and there has to be a policy to
deal with that (ie. banning the band.)

- Scott Raymond <[log in to unmask]>, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute