Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 19:21:57 EST
Mark Grassl writes:
>Brian Morris quotes form a Newsday article:
>>They are expected to play for Team USA in the World Championships this coming
>>April and in the 1994 Winter Olympics.
>
>        Is there anyone else out there who finds this quite presumptious and
>        lacking any idea of the gulf between the pro game and the college
>        game?  The World Championships are usually made up of pro players with
>        perhaps 2-4 college players.  Usually, the few college players
>        included are upperclassmen.  I don't really think 1 year in college
>        and 2 years with the US World Junior team justifies the Ferraros'
>        inclusion on the US World Championships team.

Both Chris and Peter Ferraro played for Team USA at last April's World
Championships.  I am guessing the presumption is that since they made the
team then (and did pretty well), they will make it again this year.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*