Sender:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1993 13:21:56 EST
For those of you who haven't heard Notre Dame Coach (and Hockey-L'er)
Ric Schafer speak, you're missing quite a treat.  Here are a couple
more Schafer comments taken from the Ann Arbor News this season:

After being handed the envelope containing the check for Notre Dame's
appearance versus Michigan at The Palace - "Gonna use this to find us
some Roberts and Wisemans." (referring to Michigan forwards David
Roberts and Brian Wiseman)

On Notre Dame's 9 seasons as an independent - "We had the direction of
an amoeba there for awhile."

On coaching at Alaska-Fairbanks - "The toughest recruiting assignment
I'll ever have."  (2 hours from the Arctic Circle)  (note: Schafer
turned around the UAF program, from 1-23 his first season to 20-17-1
and Division I status when he left.)

On his optimistis approach - "I like the sports miracles where players
muster up unknown abilities and pull out the big win.  The sports
miracle just hasn't happened here yet."

Coach Schafer is a great guy, and he'll get the last laugh when he
leads Notre Dame to a CCHA title (which he will someday).

  John H
  U Mich