Sender:
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:27:06 -0800
Back in the street (I rather be skating!) a number of people have pointed
out my extremely narrow insight.  A MAAC DI Women's league might be
parfait:
--   --  --

When Hockey East Women starts, it will leave ECAC DI East with UConn,
Niagara and QU.  Plus DI's Sacred Heart and Holy Cross, who play in an
ECAC DIII league currently, are said to be thinking about playing in their
division.  Also GLWHA sides Mercyhurst, Findlay and Wayne State would love
a home with an established league.  The GLWHA teams were keen last year to
join the WCHA, but that did not work out.  Perhaps we shall see an "ECAC
DI WSE" (West by SouthEast) or a MAAC Women's DI league featuring: UConn,
QU, Sacred Heart, Holy Cross, Niagara, Mercyhurst, Findlay and WSU.
Naturally that would not make Ohio State happy, as they'd love to have
Findlay and Mercyhurst as nearby league mates in the WCHA!

=====
                    \
    good shooting
    rhun