Sender:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:58:30 -0500
7bit
From:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Bonding certainly doesn't have to be degrading to be effective, nor does it
have to single out the newest members of an organization.

For example, Coach Schafer's first year at Cornell, he had the entire team
polish the trophies in the trophy case, do a mini-report on the best Cornell
player ever to wear their number, etc.  These certainly qualify as bonding
activities in my book, and the effort was directed toward a positive goal -
reminding the team of the past successes of the program, traditions, etc.

Creating bonding activities is a bit like creating chants in the stands,
though - it's almost a reflex action to think of something negative, whereas
a clever positive chant is hard to come by.

Robb