Sender:
From:
Kathleen Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 21:51:22 -0500
Brett Marr wrote:

>>I believe Mike Watt of MSU started the whole
    ordeal by talking a lot of trash and eventually cross-checking one of the

    WMU players.<<<

I was at the game. The WMU players were celebrating at "their" end of the
rink, slowly drifting towards the scorers table, waiting for the goal to be
put on the board before leaving the ice.  The fight started when Chad Alban
skated over to the group of WMU players and attacked Joel Irving, who, was
not only NOT the person who'd scored the goal (that was Cressman), but he's
just about the biggest guy on the team.  This, of course, resulted in Irving
returning the favor to Alban, which in turn led to the clearing of the MSU
bench.....and the rest is captured on film for all the world to see.  There
were a total of 11 game DQ's. For WMU it was Irving, Collard, Adessa, Kenny,
and Mosely. For MSU, I'm only sure that there were 6 given out, and that
Alban and the back-up goalie were 2 of them.  I even saw an MSU player grab
coach Wilkinson, pull his fist back to hit him, and then, fortunately for
him, think better of doing so.

KAN