Sender:
From:
Neal Joffee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 09:06:06 CST
I can't pass up this opportunity to state my opinions regarding the weekend
series between North Dakota and Minnesota:

#1)  Obviously, North Dakota dominated the play both nights.  The Gophers
did not play up to their ability.  They were both dirty games filled with
yapping on both sides, but it is exactly the type of series I expected
between these 2 teams under these circumstances (with 1st place in the WCHA
on the line).

#2)  Jason Roy mentions that "the Gophers, as usual, did a fair amount of
yapping".  I would like to point out that nobody did more "yapping" than
each and every Fighting Sioux player to the ref and linesmen after every
whistle.  I was disappointed to see so much post-whistle complaining by a
team that was playing very good hockey and dominating the game.

#3)  Contrary to Jason Roy's posting, not everyone has a team
that they "hate".  Hatred has no place in college hockey or in these
discussion groups.  I may not like one team as much as another, but I don't
"hate" any team.  I love the game more than I love any team.  College
hockey is awesome!  Perhaps Mr. Roy should spend more time and energy
supporting the team(s) he likes and less time hating the Gophers and being
happy when they lose.

#4)  Congratulations to the Sioux on their sweep of Minnesota.  It was
well-deserved.  It showed me that the Sioux indeed have a talented team.
Minnesota needs to decide now if it wants to be a contender this year or
not.  Aside from the play of Steve DeBus and a few others, the team's play
this past weekend really disappointed me.

I'm looking forward to an exciting finish in the WCHA!  Drop the puck!!!!!!
--Neal Joffee