Sender:
From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:16:40 -0500
Comments:
Hi John,

Thanks for your comments on the Showdown.  This UNH fan who really wanted to
be there appreciates it.

>Obviously, neither goalie was on his game, and both were >replaced for the
Saturday games.

Umile is consistently rotating Matile and LaRochelle, and has been since
Matile's debut 11/22 after sitting out for a year and the first 10 games due
to having played the maximum number of allowable games in Junior A.  The UW
game was only his 4th.  I have seen him twice, and while he certainly has the
tools (he stopped 17 out of 19 in the first period of the Governors' Cup
against UVM at UVM, many of them spectacular), he has demonstrated a tendency
to lose concentration at times.  Thank goodness the 'Cats were able to score
enough to win!  We'll see how he does Friday night at BU.

>UNH was far from unbeatable this past weekend, but they
>showed that they knew how to win.  I was impressed with >them, and I predict
that I'll see them in the springtime back >in Milwaukee.

Be still my heart!!!  Since I already have my Phinal Phour tickets and hotel
reservations (Greg and I and a group of UNH fans have been regulars for
several years now), I would certainly be psyched!  However, we still have a
long way to go, starting with this weekend's BIG games against BU.

Karen Ambrose
GO BLUE!!  BEAT BU!!!