Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 07:18:57 -0700
To: Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Joe LaCour wrote:

> Steve,
> You're right.  In the first few years of the HEA, they
> played an interlock with the WCHA.  I thought it was
> dropped because of the NCAA restriction on game
> #'s.

I'm working from memory so I could be wrong, but as I recall the
interlocking schedule came at a time when both the WCHA and HE had few
league members (six for the WCHA as I recall).  The interlocking schedule
allowed both leagues to have both a challenging and more varied schedule
than more games against the same teams.  With each league having "bulked
up" the game limit would kick in as a negative factor.  I do know that I
really enjoyed seeing those western teams come to town who I would only
think about (in those dark pre HOCKEY-L days) when the nationals started.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! GO ICE!!! GO GOLDEN BEARS (2-0 vs. WCHA)!!!