Sender:
From:
Nat Malen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 13:48:25 -0600
Although I am not 100% sure of this answer, I am familiar with the situation
you discuss.  Other schools in the Minneapolis/St, Paul area, such as St.
Thomas, Bethel, Hamline, Augsburg, etc. are in the MIAC conference.  I am
not sure if Shattuck plays in the MIAC, but I do believe I have seen scores
of Shattuck vs. some of these teams.  There are also smaller colleges in the
state of Minnesota, some of which Shattuck might play.  Winona St., Bemidji
St., etc.  I also think they play some games against the D3 schools in the
UW-system (like Eau Claire, Stout, and River Falls.)

Hope this helps, but it might not be the right answer.

>At 10:22 AM 10/29/96 -0500, you wrote:

>My question is about Shattuck St. Mary's which is a new name to me.
>Cornell has a freshman from there and looking over other team rosters I
>find two more freshman (at Harvard and Denver) but no upper class players.
>Is this a new program or a program that has upgraded significantly?  I am
>also curious about who they play since I do not think there are enough
>private schools to fill a schedule in Minnesota.  Do they travel
>extensively to play other Preps or do they play high school and/or junior
>teams?
>
>Steve Rockey
Nat Malen
University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire