Sender:
From:
Nat Malen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:47:00 -0500
>- --RANK--   09-Oct-96     Total -----RANGE----- Ttl #1
>New 96end                  Pts  Hi Avg Mode LowVts
>
>  3   7 Minnesota          272   1 ----  3 ---- 24   2
>
>I have read that Minnesota is incredibly deep and strong.  It
>surprises me that they only got two first place votes.

Yes, the gophers are deep and strong, but this point comes from youth.
Many of the new additions are incoming freshman including Minnnesota High
school state player of the year Dave Spehar of Duluth East, Bloomington
Jefferson's Ryan Trebil (younger brother of Dan, who graduated), and
Jefferson's Ben Clymer (world junior team), to name a few.  You see,
Minnesota is a young team so look for them to be dominant next year.  They
will show flashes of brilliance this year, but experience will pay off next
year.

Another point to make:  Mike Crowley and Eric Rasmussen decided not to go
pro this year.  Next year's outlook could be drastically changed if they
decide to go pro.  Otherwise, they will be seniors, but juniors this year.

Look for Minnesota to have a good/great season, but keep in mind the youth
factor.  I guess we'll find out this weekend at the Target Center against
Boston U.  Should be a good one.  ( I don't think I have very good seats though.

>  5   1 Colorado Coll      264   1 5.4   3  14  25   2

>Why has CC dropped to number 5?  Loss of personnel?

People will be surprised about CC.  They have a freshman Toby Peterson that
everyone should watch.  He graduated high school a year early to play at CC.
His brother Ian also will be playing there.  Toby is pre-season WCHA player
of the year.

(I APOLOGIZE  IF I HAVE ADDED INFORMATION THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED.
I HAVE JUST SIGNED ONTO CHAT FOR THE YEAR JUST THE OTHER DAY)

Nat Malen
University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire