Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:04:03 -0500
At 11:47 AM 3/7/96 EST, Bill Fenwick wrote:

>As amazing as those numbers may be, what I find even more impressive about
>Thomas' performance this year is his consistency.  In 22 league games, Thomas
>gave up more than three goals only once, in a 5-1 loss to Clarkson (in which
>he still made 43 or so saves).

The image Bill portrays holds true outside of ECAC as well.  Thomas played
in the Governor's Cup in Orono earlier this year where he held Hockey East's
#2 seed UML to one goal, and lost in overtime 2-1 to Hockey East's #3 seed
Maine.

In both games Thomas was spectacular, in fact he may have been the best
goalie I've seen all year so far.  He never seems to get flustered, and is
seemingly always confident.  A real talent.  After seeing Vermont twice this
year, I'd also say that Thomas holds Vermont's chances.  That top line very
rarely can be totally shutdown, so as long as Thomas holds strong Vermont
has a good chance in the ECAC Tournament.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
University of Maine - GO BLUE!  BEAT UNH!!
Owner/Administrator: Maine Hockey Discussion List
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
---