Sender:
From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 17:13:14 -0500
Seems to me that the whole idea of cross-region scheduling is in
trouble.  Haven't we just been talking about how there will
be tremendous pressure to "cross-over" the cross-over seeds,
putting Eastern teams in the 5 and 6 West slots to ensure
that more than the ushers show up in Albany?

As far as NC games attracting less fan interest, I think this may
be due to the way they are scheduled more than anything else.

I never see my team's NC home games because they are scheduled as
singleton games and I live too far away for one game to be worth
it.  (I also do not attend singleton league games.)  If the team
were to schedule weekend home pairs of NC games, I would be there.  Indeed,
if they were to schedule weekend pairs of NC *road* games at one
site, I would be much more likely to be there.  Heck, Boston-to-E.Lansing
ain't that much farther than Chapel Hill-to-Ithaca.

Also, many NC games are scheduled during school vacations, which
kills student attendence.

I think we're underestimating the amount of fan interest in these games.
I would love to see *any* CCHA or WCHA team breeze into Lynah expecting
an easy weekend sweep..!   :-)

Greg R. Berge
Let's Go Red!
1995-96 Men's/Women's Ivy League Champions