Sender:
From:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 18:08:39 -0500
I've seen a few messages in the last week about the lack of coverage by
the media over college hockey.  My feeling is that it is very poorly
covered.  What makes it worse is the lack of coverage by our local
newspaper.

This is my thought.  Last year after the LSSU Lakers had won the national
championship for the 2nd time in 3 years (and they had been in the final
3 years in a row) I decided to watch every sport show I could find that
evening to see what kind of glory they would give to the Lakers.

I can't remember the exact name of the ESPN sports show that was on that
night, but it was one that supposedly covered all sports.  Do you know
that in this hour long show that the only mention the Lakers got was 10
seconds at the end of the show saying that they had won.

I'd take a bet with anyone this year that whoever wins gets a heck of
alot more coverage by ESPN.

Ok, so I'm depressed that the Lakers aren't there again, and I'm
depressed that a team from our conference (Michigan) just got knocked out
of it.

In the interest of college hockey I do hope that the phinal phour does
get better coverage then previous years.