Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 13:18:12 EST
I've just received my copy of the 1995 edition of this publication,
apparently published in December, 1994.  I highly recommend it!

Last year's edition was reviewed by John Haeussler back in October and
November on HOCKEY-L.  John's complete and excellent listing of college
hockey publications is available in the HOCKEY-L archives as HOCKEY PUBS
(*).

The 1995 College Hockey Directory and Yearbook is 171 pages cram-packed
with college hockey information.  Much of the information is available
on HOCKEY-L, but much of it is not.

Feature articles include

   - The Hobey Baker Memorial Award
   - Tournament Update -- HNIB (hockey night in boston)
   - The 1980 Gold Metal Team Revisited
   - Strength Training... "Gaining the Edge"
   - Breaking New Ground
   - WCHA Cracks the Million Mark
   - The "Selection Process" Update (for prospective student athletes)
   - Academics First
   - Roller Hockey International... making major strides
   - Women's Hockey moves into the Olympic spotlight

But perhaps the best part of this publication are full-page snapshots of
each Division I league and team, and one-half-page snapshots of each
Division II/III and club (men's and women's) team.  The Canadian CIAU is
similarly treated.  Canadian women's club hockey has one page.

Some of the information on these pages is available in HOCKEY-L
resources such as HOCKEY-L TEAMINFO (*), but this is more extensive, in
general (but, for example, lacks directions for getting to the rink).

Though this directory is of value to everyone from coaches to media to
prospective players to fans such as HOCKEY-L readers, a few things are
missing.  For example, phone numbers are given for the SID, hockey
office and press box at the rink, but not the ticket office.

Of the information I've read so far, care has been taken to not only
provide a *lot* of information, but to provide it accurately.

By the way, one of the Managing Editors, Bob Jefferson, is a HOCKEY-L
participant.  Maybe one of next year's improvements will be to include
e-mail addresses and internet information sources?  :)

    "1995 College Hockey Directory & Yearbook"

     All American Productions
     PO Box 143
     Belmont, MA 02178

     617 484-6220    617 484-0885  fax
     Publisher/Editor:  Robert G Jefferson
     Cost: $19.95 plus $3 S&H    (Visa/MC)
     8 1/2 x 11 media guide format -- 171 pages

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

(*) To obtain a file from the HOCKEY-L archives, send mail to
   [log in to unmask] and in the body of the mail enter the word
   "get" followed by the names of the file wanted.  The names of the
   file containing an annotated list of all files in the HOCKEY-L
   archive is "HOCKEY-L FILELIST".  So, for example, to obtain HOCKEY-L
   FILELIST, send mail to [log in to unmask] and in the body of
   the mail enter

      get hockey-l filelist