Sender:
From:
John Grover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 10:39:14 -0500
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

: In closing what I should have said was Barry is arguably the best Maine high
: school player.

With no offense intended to Barry, if you'd seen him play high school hockey
you might not have said this. Yes, he had great hands and could bury the
puck against most any goalie Maine high schools could put up against him, but
he really wasn't much of a *hockey* player.

With all credit to Barry (and the coaching staff), he's made a huge --
incredible to me, actually -- improvement in his level of play from when I
watched him as a high school senior (I was there the night he broke the
scoring record too!). His speed on the ice improved dramatically from last
year (even forechecks occasionally), and plays half decent defense for a guy
who has only had to play defense for a couple years. He's gone well beyond
what I thought he might do at DivI level and it's clear he's improving still.

John Grover
U of Maine

--
John Grover