Sender:
From:
Brian Zive <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 1994 18:14:25 EST
First off--
I posted my thing on Shawn Walsh before I read his letter.  (I
theorized that his quick exit from the bench was his guiltiness.)
Well Shawn, nice letter, but your team might be 0-30-0.

Second,
Unclassy fans...Re: BU fans cheer when Blair (feminine name)
Allison (feminine name) went down with the injury.  And yes,
in our unclassiness, we did rank on his feminine name.

Here are all the unclassy things some BU fans did during the
Maine weekend series:

1.  Rank on Shawn Walsh
2.  2-4-6-8-Proposition 48.
3.  Rank on the 4 female Maine fans in the standing
    room only section by singing "Old MacDonald Had
    a Farm"
4.  Back to the woods chant.
5.  Cheer when Blair Allision went down and make fun
    of his name.
6.  Sung the Smurf song when Ingraham got on the ice.
7.  Personally, I called Silverman a kike, even though
    I'm Jewish myself.  I did this on Sunday night
    because I didn't think he was classy at all in his
    exit from the ice Saturday night.

I could go on.

Anyways, I think unclassiness (is that a word) only happens
in the heat of the moment.  For instance, I took a picture
of Blair Allison when he was on the ice injured.  There is
no way that I would ever do such a thing under normal cir-
cumstances.  The thing is, when I, or anyone else, is at
a hockey game, you tend to lose your inhibitions.  Isn't
the point of going to a sporting event or concert to let
go of the tensions  you have in your daily life.  You just
want to have fun and do what is funny and relaxing.  We're
all probably guilty of being unclassy at a hockey game one
time or another.

For my poltical statement:  I think with all the shit that
is going on in the Middle East these days, we should be
able to keep our cool about our peers' posts on this list.

Brian A. Zive