Sender:
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 91 10:19:32 EST
Ted asks:
>        I gotta wonder about the TCHCR. BC got beat bNortheastern
> in the first round of the HE playoffs. But, as a result of this (dare I say
> humiliating) loss to NU, they didn't drop a spot in the TCHCR. I realize
> that the game was a close one, but a loss is still a loss. NU played their
> hearts out, and I applaud them for it. It is no everyday when the number
> eight seed outplays the number one seed. But I wanna know, why BC didn't
> lose a spot.

I agree that it seems strange for BC not to drop, but who should
move ahead of them?
7. Boston University - similar record but BC holds 3-1 head to head advantage
8. Wisconsin - maybe, but not as good a record
9. Providence - Finished 4th regular season, BC holds 2-1 head to head adv.
10. Clarkson - already moved up two notches, BC beat them
teams 11-13 have worse records than BC...

So while the loss should theoretically lower their stature, I
couldn't picture any team moving ahead of BC just on last week's
performance. Just my $.02 worth

				Mark Daly