From:
andrew buskey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
andrew buskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 1994 13:39:59 -0500
How can one of the better teams in the CCHA have such an up-and-down season?
I've been a fan of BG hockey for some time and it seems that every season, BG
has to have a miserable time playing consistent hockey.

With so many talented icers on the team, one might suspect that the coaching
staff may be the culprit.  When BG out-shoots certain opponents 50-18 and still
loses the game,  you gotta wonder what's up. When BG is third in penalty kills but can't put the puck in
the net, you gotta wonder what's up.

I believe that the players are not the problem.  Coach Jerry York may not be
providing the players with the skills they need to score when they have to. The
games this season against Michigan and LSSU were great!  BG played outstanding
hockey and should be congratulated.  Gosh, I hope the team
can put the pieces back together and finish the season with home ice this year...