From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 1994 13:46:06 EST
Dwayne Roloson wrote:
>I have read the posts which have been considered whining by our fans.
>I don't understand how someone noting that jerseys were taken off by
>BU fans (I saw it too Steve) can be considered whining.

I guess I would call it more insulting - remember BU is a huge school
and true BU fans (like me) can't be held responsible for some Bozos.
I'll point out that I'm the BU fan who joined with Steve in stating
that Lowell deserved a better rating. For me the news of Lowell beating
BU was unpleasant, but not shocking. However I get this list in digest
form, and I was rather upset with the post the made it appear Lowell had
beaten them 2 games (our Albany Times Useless saw no reason to bother
with a Friday result of a #2 team in their Sunday edition so I hadn't
gotten a score yet.)

So what about the woofing? I'd say that Steve and the others have made
their point. Any more on hockey-l is just preaching to the choir -
Lowell is getting their rating and *IF* they continue to prove it on
the ice (just like all of our teams) they ought to make the Big Show.

> There is a huge lack of respect given to us by the press, and call it
> whining if you want, but we think that we are a top 10 team.   We are
> now 4-3-1 against top 10 teams...not bad.  So in closing, please don't
> considerthe letters in question as whining,we haven't had a good hockey
> team around here in a long time and we're excited!

That excitement is great, but any list like this requires a certain
amount of restraint from all of us partisans or it quickly deteriorates
(why I feel an almost uncontrolable urge to start shouting, "Eagle Meat!"
.. these moments are very embarassing for me since I love raptors.)

Dave Carroll, BU '73           I'll be virtually present at the Beanpot -
[log in to unmask]         watching via satellite in Albany. Looking
[log in to unmask]   forward to a great BU-Harvard game.
*  Oh and about the first Beanpot game - GO NU!!! - couldn't resist.