From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Nash
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 17:29:40 -0600
Just a couple of thoughts I had while looking at the WCHA stats...
Minnesota is in first place and playing extremely well.  However, I found
it interesting that they only have two players in the top 25 scoring list,
with Bonin at #8.  In contrast, Wisconsin has had Fairchild and Shier up
near the top all season long, but is struggling.  I haven't seen Minnesota
play yet (looking forward to their visit to Madison!), but I think this
speaks well for the Gophers' balanced attack.  The Badgers have a
tremendous amount of individual talent, but they run into the problem of
having five guys on the ice trying to score the winning goal at the same
time.

Will the Badgers figure out how to play as a team?  Will Minnesota live up
to its meteoric rise in the polls?  (#3?!)  It's going to be an interesting
stretch run for the McNaughton Cup this year!

-===-John R. [log in to unmask] Chem. Dept-===-