Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 1994 22:02:25 EST
SLU beat Dartmouth 5-3 tonight at Appleton Arena.  The Saints
snapped a brutal 9-game losing streak and evened their ECAC
record at 5-5.  When SLU freshman blueliner Ken Ruddock drew
first blood at 2:21 of the first, the Saints led a hockey
game for the first time since early in the third at Clarkson
on December 4.  That's 8 1/3 games or 500 straight minutes
without a lead.

And while all that is significant, what made this game special
was that for the first time (I beleive) two brothers faced each
other between the pipes.  Freshman Jon Bracco started in net
for the Saints while older brother Mike Bracco played for the
Big Green.  Both played well and played the entire game except
when Mike was pulled for about a minute and a half for an
extra Dartmouth attacker.  If this has happened before, I'm sure
someone on the list will point it out, but I seem to remember
this subject coming up before.  When asked who he was rooting
for, the boys' father said he wouldn't mind seeing a 0-0 tie.

Tim