Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 1994 14:05:49 -0900
UAF beat U-MASS Friday night 12-4 as 10 different Nanooks scored. UAF completely dominated the first year U-Mass team. Tavis Macmillan had 2 goals /2 assists
while Fedorchuk had 1 goal/1 assist. Typically Fedorchuk does not have big
games against weaker teams. His big games are usually against top ranked teams
such as Michgan, Bowling Green,etc.. where he scored hattricks. He continues to lead the nation in goal scoring with 29 goals. I agree with John Haeussler in
that Tavis MacMillian is as or more deserving for All-American honors as Fedor
chuk. He is truely a dominate puckhandler with great playmaking ability( 2nd
in the Nation in assists). Fedorchuk is the sniper type finisher that can
bury the puck better than most I have seen. Macmillian, on the other hand, is
type of player that can carry the puck coast to coast and make a defenseman
look silly with a move. More of a assit guy. They do skate on the same line
now and are a deadly combination.
    Next Weekend UAF is at Denver and will be live on Prime Network. Friday's
game will be shown.
   Look out for North Dakota State to come on line in Division I. I have spoken
to the sports Editor form the Fargo Newspaper and he says their AD is very interested in Div. I hockey. Apparently their is a group of Bus. men in Fargo
that have raised 500K to start Div. I hockey and add womens golf and soccer for
the gender equity situation. They would play hockey in the Fargo dome which
would seat 8,000 for hockey. NDSU going Div. I is very much a possibility
as their shooting to go Div. I independent 95-96, then eventually join the
WCHA. This is not just a pipe dream! Stay tuned.Maybe some day NDSU and UAF
could join the WCHA ?
To answer some other questions
Merrimack will play UAF in Fairbanks Jan 20-21 next season. Merrimack originally
was a possible cansidate for the Great AK Face-off, but UAF added Maimi and Western Michigan (for more CCHA games ) to the field.
Yes, Steve Roth I do remember you from your UAF days. I look forward to corres-ponding. Go Nanooks!