From:
"Terry A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry A. May
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1993 11:30:05 -0700
     The club team here continues to play well and is now 9-0-1 with
weekend sweeps of both Pima College and Arizona State University over the
past 2 weekends.  We are pleasantly surprised with the early season
successes which are largely due to the addition of several new players
which have increased the level of play of former club members.  I have been
away from Flagstaff for the past several weekends and can not confirm the
scores, but the ASU scores were something like 11-0 and 6-3.  ASU is not as
strong as last year when they were victorious (clearly) in all 6 meetings.

     Our next test comes on 12/3-4 when we play CU in Boulder at their
recreation center.  I hope to offer more personal reactions as I am
planning to accompany the club on that trip.

     In addition to trying to increase the level of play, we are working
closely with the local USA Hockey Youth Association to gain their support
as well as the support of the Flagstaff Recreation Board which sets the
rates for ice time.  There remains GREAT interest in hockey from the days
when NAU had a Div. I team.

     One last anecdote; I met a Mike Jones this past week who now works in
Flagstaff & who played at Maine a few games in about the 1986 season.  If
anyone remembers or knows him, send notes to my address & I will pass them
to Mike as a surprise.  It is great to meet and share the enjoyment of
college hockey with all - support your local club teams as well!  I know
the players appreciate your support.

     Terry May-