From:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1993 15:12:38 -0500
I don't think we need to "wuff" East or West. Most of us have our
favorite hockey which WE think will beat anyone.

Machts nicht!

The real test is on the ice. and in the playoffs. There's no sense in wasting
bandwidth trying to convince others that you have the best team. First,
we are naturally biased by our location. And in case you haven't check
the demographics recently, there are more people in the NorthEast corridor
than in the UP or Minnesota.  Therefore, if you give credence to wuffing,
the East will be better. Secondly, what we say doesn't amount to a
single goal in the crease or block a single shot. Thus, positioning a single
league or team has no basis for merit in my book.

Please don't take up our message space bragging how good your team or
league is: we all have strengths and weaknesses. I would rather discuss
what makes teams good or bad than wasted electrons about how good they are.
Objective compartive analysis based on actual play and new information
about teams is always welcome on my desk. BS is not.

In short, save the "woofing" for the bleachers where it is needed Friday
and Saturday nights.

Walt Olson