From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1993 15:07:45 GMT
I did not see anyone mention this so I think I will.

On Friday, the ECAC committee announced that it has awarded the ECAC
Championships for the next 2 years to Lake PLacid.

They would not disclose why they chose Lake Placid over Albany.

Two factors that perhaps influenced their decisions:

1) The Knick has the NC$$ Div I Mens Basketball Championships
   for the first round in 95, the same weekend as the ECAC's.

2) The service and atmosphere at Lake PLacid was very favorable.

Having been to the ECAC's at Lake Placid last year as part of the media
I can say that they did a wonderful job accomadating everyone at the arena.
Ned Harkness and their crew did a wonderful job, and I can see why the
ECAC wanted it again.

The Knick is going on though. They have bids for the NC$$ Hockey Championship
in 96 and the East REgionals in 94 and 95.

*  Jayson Moy                   * One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer    *
*  [log in to unmask]                 * Hockey on 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy                *
*                               * And Rensselaer Baseball now too!!!          *