From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1993 15:18:10 EST
Game three: Hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey weekend. Bright Hockey Ctr.
If its Saturday afternoon, it must be Tiger time!

In what was easily the least interesting match I saw this weekend, the
Tigers of Princeton came out and played a good game.  Harvard seemed
overconfident from the start, and in the third when it looked like they
might lose this one, panic started to set in.

The first period was scoreless.  Princeton was the more lively of the
two teams.  In the second period, that spirit was rewarded with the
first goal of the game by John Fust (Corey Rhodes, Sean O'Brien).  The
play was a quick pass from the boards that was shot home from right in
front of the net.  Harvard managed to reply with a Ted Drury (Steve
Martins, Steve Flomenhoft) power play goal.  Martins made a good pass
which Drury scooped into the net from just outside the left post.  That
unusual power play unit I'd like to see together more often.  Drury
along with Martins and the injured Brad Konik, could make a great first
line and or power play unit.

The third period saw Princeton take the lead on a slow roller which
Tripp Tracy failed to stop: Brian Bigelow (Matt Zilinskas, O'Brien).
The Crimson tied the game when first year defender Peter McLaughlin
(Jason Karmanos, Matt Mallgrave) was able to poke in a loose rebound.
The Tigers took what looked like a winning goal when Fust (Zilinskas)
tipped in a lovely pass.  Harvard managed to pull it out in the closing
moments of the game when Flomenhoft capitalized on a defensive error
and wristed the puck into the upper corner of the net.  Overtime did
not see many good scoring chances.

I give credit to Princeton for playing a good game.  Several times
throughout the game they were able to put pressure on in the Harvard
zone.  However the overall impression I am left with is: dull.

/
 good shooting
 rhun