From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1992 08:58:08 U
 Cornell's Goalie

Why is everyone so worried about Cornell not having recruited a goalie this
year?  There are at least two goalies on the depth chart (Andy Bandurski and
Raynek, who played JV last year).  If I remembered correctly, Parris Duffus did
not play for more than 38 minutes, total, before his varsity start.  Then I
remembered some people calling him the greatest goalie Cornell had since Ken
Dryden, only six or seven games into the season last year.  I was skeptical at
best when I first heard that comment, because nobody knew how long Parris would
stay in Ithaca.

My point is that give Andy and his backup a break.  Andy rode the bench pretty
much all year, and was called into service at Vermont at a crucial point in the
team's performance.  He proved to many of us that he was capable of the
challenge.  Let's see how he'll play now that he's our main man before we all
moan about no new netminder.

It does appear that we need more fire power in the offense and some new blood
in the defense.  With the new players, maybe we will find the necessary spark
to fire up the team.  So many people predicted last year's team would not
finish higher than the sixth place.  They went the furtherest in the
post-season tournament.  I think we must have more faith and give them our
support.  I certainly am looking forward to the new season, despite some
uncertainty that I do harbor.

Tom Y. Tseng