Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:28:06 -0700
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Bob Griebel wrote:

> After being in Michigan for last weekend's games and learning that
> Saginaw was just awarded the OHL major junior franchise that was losing
> money in North Bay, Ontario, I have a couple questions for anyone who's
> up on major junior implications.
>
> 1. There was murmuring at one time about the NCAA reconsidering its
> position on eligibility of major junior players.  Is that still a
> possible development or is their ineligibility set in stone?

I suppose anything is possible but I don't see the NC$$ doing anything
that could be seen to promote or support what they see as a competitor.

I don't know how the tuition system is for the US teams but it works great
in Canada.  My spouse, who taught business at the University of Alberta
for many years, had many former junior players as students.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC
GO BU!!! GO GIANTS!!!