From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:56:02 -0600
Craig, the fact that 99% of the people THINK it's morally wrong might be the
best support for claiming that course must be followed simply because winning
the game was the social contract agreed to between the coach and the world
before the game began, notwithstanding that only .001% ever actually gave any
thought to the question.  However, that doesn't make it "intrinsically" the only
moral and ethical position.  I think a coach who went beyond just the lockstep
thinking might actually be providing a service, even if he isn't morally and
ethically correct until he wins 51% of the people to his way of thinking.

I agree with Vince Lombardi on a seasonal basis.

boB