Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 11:40:39 -0600
On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Mark Toussaint wrote:

> It seems to only be a problem on weekend nights. A site that's seeing spikes
> on one or two days has to decide whether it's worth it to jump from a
> high-end virtual hosting package to a low-end dedicated host (or if they're
> already on a dedicated server, spring for an upgrade). This can be a very
> significant cost increase, and you have to decide if accommodating the
> Friday/Saturday traffic is worth paying for the upgrade every other day of
> the week.

I guess this is the time for my annual rant.  It used to be we got all the
scores, and many game articles, right here on good old HOCKEY-L.  Many of
the former leaders of this list now devote their energy to USCHO.  That is
their choice of course but this list is much the poorer for it in both
information and in quality of posts.  One wonders why have a website for
college hockey if it can't accomodate the need at the time it is needed.
Naturally one wants sports information on a timely basis.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
North Vancouver, BC
        GO BU!!!