From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:30:06 -0600
On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Larry Winer wrote:

> In a message dated 4/15/00 11:46:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << As far as I'm concerned the NC$$ has no credibility in any area.  They are
>  an organization which exists for the sole purpose of exploiting atheletes
>  while claiming a higher purpose. >>
>
> True enough- but what about the IOC; the OHL ; NHL NBA etc- anyone who thinks
> that a big time basketball player could be a real student ? As long as
> colleges are willing to be the Triple AAA affiliates of the pro sports- sow
> what you reap- my whole point about scouring the earth recruiting athletes
> and then we all sit around and wonder about loyalty etc

I wasn't going to reply to this when I saw the private message but since
it is on list: first of all I'm not sure I understand fully (or want to)
the full point being made here, but if the intent is to say that other
organizations other than the NC$$ don't have the best interests of some
people at heart, sure, but it is misguided (and in other contexts
dangerous) to justify bad behaviour by indicating that others engage in it
too.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]