From:
Ralph N Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:30:35 -0400
RPI's long-time Public Address Announcer (whose name we all know is
Birkmayer, not Duerkmayer) is retiring according to the Troy Record.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=212585&BRD=1170&PAG=461&dept_id=31
010

Don has been the PA announcer since before I was a freshman in 64-65.
That's a long time.  In order to get some facts straight taht are wrong in
the article, the following is extracted from a message taht Don posted on
the RPI Sports list:

> Hope you do get back for a game sometime.  This past
> season was my 51st with the team, the last 40 about as
> public address announcer.  But after 75 years in Troy,
> I may be moving to Ithaca before next season starts.

Don was also the publisher of the College Hockey Newletter until 1994 when
he sold it.  It has since ceased publsihing.

The Troy Record article also mentions the possibilty of the NCAA Frozen 4
going to Orlando in the future.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74