From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1992 10:18:48 EST
I was going to resist adding to this all important throwing stuff on the
ice thread, but I couldn't.  Besides the hat trick hat, nothing is thrown
onto the ice at Clarkson, but at St. Lawrence...  They've solved the
problem of delaying the game (leave it to a non-tech school.)  They tie
a string to a rubber chicken and the sieve which are thrown out from
the student section towards the opposing goalie.  That way they can haul
it right back in.  The rubber chicken was the only thing present this
past weekend.  After the second SLU goal, Clarkson must have complained
and a warning for a bench minor was issued.  Or maybe it was Gallagher
on his own.  The chicken never returned.  That was the first time that I
heard a warning for that at Appleton.  I know that in the Clarkson-SLU
game last year, a Clarkson player skated over the string and deliberately
cut it and left the chicken on the ice.  At St. Lawrence, they can have
their cake and eat it too.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '91,...