From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barkan, Jon
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 10:16:00 PDT
Hello All,

Jeff Jackson has left LSSU for USA Hockey. The story is up on the USA Today
Website. I just wanted to give my thanks and congrats to USA Hockey for
hiring the right man for this job. Jeff is one of the best coaches in the
country and the world. He picked up the ball and helped make LSSU what it is
today, one of the best college hockey teams in the country! Good luck Jeff
and I hope you bring as much to the National program as you did to the
college program.

Now that we've gotten past that, I'd like to officially open the bidding on
the LSSU job...

So far I've heard three names that sound pretty interesting to me:

1. Paul Pooley, Providence College --- I know that most of you are shocked
by this one!!! NOT!! Pools has to decide on whether or not he believes that
Ohio State (his alma mater) is for real or not. If they are, then stay where
you are Paul and move from there. If they aren't for real, and a lot of us
think they aren't, then jump at the chance!!

2. Scott Borek, Asst. coach LSSU -- What the hell is wrong with hiring the
guy who is already there and has the title of "Associate head coach" ? The
Dartmouth grad has experience a mile long. He coached at Colby College, he
helped turn the Brown program around in his four years there, never mind the
three years he spent as an assistant at Providence. The guy's resume is as
good as anybody else on the list of candidates. On top of which, do you
think JJ would have given him the title or hired him if he didn't respect
and like the guy? JJ did OK with recruiting his kids and he did just as good
if not better with his coaches.

3. Which is the most wacky to me -- Bob Mancini, Michigan Tech -- He has
ties to the program and was there at the beginning of the Anzalone Era. The
question is would he leave the West Coast of the UP for the East Coast of
the UP. An outside shot if he would want to pursuit it.

Well, that's my two cents. Whatcha all think?? I just wanted to stir the pot
a little on a beautiful DC Friday morning. By the by, rumorville at
Northeastern has it that the job is Bruce Crowder's if he wants it. Oh, for
the love of God Bruce, We'd love to have ya!!!!

Yours in the Bond of Chaos in College Hockey,
Jon Barkan