From:
Princess Melanie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1991 14:27:42 -0900
Yes, UAA and UAF recruit out of state.  A majority of the recruits come from
Canada but some from the Lower 48.  It's been hard to recruit in the lower 48
in the past, but since UAA and UAF are both becoming better team, players are
more interested in coming here.

I talked with Brush Christiansen (UAA's Head Coach) and they are actually
recruiting 6 players from here in Anchorage.  This hasn't been done in the
past, but Brush would like to keep some of the local talent.

I am not aware of the recruiting practices for UAF, but I have some knowledge
of UAA's.  John Hill, the assistant coach spends most of the week outside
recruiting.  He will come back for games and then head out of town again.  They
also do a lot of recruiting while on road trips.

_____
Melanie J. Daniels                   AXMJD@ALASKA
CaTS User Consultant                 [log in to unmask]
University of Alaska Anchorage

Disclaimer:  Yeah, I have one.