From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 1995 05:52:11 -0500
One thing good about getting Hockey-L in the digest form is that most
of one's opinions are stated by others by the time one sees the
original message, and this saves alot of typing.  The following,
however, does not appear to have been stated, although I could have
missed it.

The NC$$ has decided to give a first-round bye to a team that wins
both the regular season and league tournament title.  I would have no
qualms about this IF it had been a stated policy at the beginning of
the year.  Changing policy at this time is unfair.  What are they
going to do next year in March, say perhaps "The RPI rating is no
good, lets use the HEAL ratings (or whatever)".  Teams start the
season with one set of criteria and plan accordingly.  It shouldn't be
changed during the season.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74