From:
Nathan S Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 14:14:22 EST
To add to what many have posted:
             The reason for the lawsuit, as I understand it from a USF
 player, is that the Univ. of Kentucky refused to play USF in a game that
 would decide who go to go to Colorado. I guess, from what I was told, is
 that the Kentucky team *knew* that South Florida would beat them *handily*
 thereby eliminating Kentucky's tournament bid and sending Florida instead.
 From what I know, Kentucky purposely would not play USF for this reason.
 It was originally stated that Kentucky would travel south for the gamebut
 they bailed due to *money* problems. USF then said that they wouldtravel
to Kentucky and "pay all teh expenses" that Kentucky would incur during the
 course of the game.
Bottom line... it seems, in my opinion, that in light of
 everything that KEntucky should voluntarily drop out of the tourney due
that fact that they avoided the game that would have decided the situation
 to begin with.
NAthan Bennett
*MY OWN VIEWS*#4 West VirginiaUniv.
St. Bonaventure next season