From:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 1994 00:04:34 -0500
Alan and Arthur-Ok guys!!!!!Let's cool things down a little bit now.This
is starting to get a little out of hand. don't you think?If you two must
insist on arguing back and forth,communicate off the list so you don't
fill up our mailboxes,OK?Alan-I don't agree with you.Most of the guys on
the U.S. and Canadian teams are looking forward to playing in the NHL.The
main reason they probablt went to college was to build their stock and
ability so they would look appealing to the pros and playing in the
junior tournament only increases their attractiveness.This may sound
bad,but I think that the players that have the real chance to go pro use
college as a building block for their athletics,not for their schooling.I
know a few guys that play for a DIV.1 team that could care less about
getting up and going to classes.Those players in the Tournament have a
great chance to go to some sort of professional league and the Junior
Tournament may be their key to getting there.I think that they do belong
in that tournament because they are obviously putting hockey before
school so that shows that hockey is theyr'e future.

                                                          Alex

Holzinger for Hobey Baker