From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 10:56:35 EDT
> From:         Mud <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Pierre at SLU

>             The question I ask all of you:  how do the leagues rid
> themselves of bad officials?  When do they realize that enough is
> enough?                                     -PDB

I wonder if there just aren't enough good refs to go around?  The two-ref
system, while beautiful on paper, hasn't quite worked out the way I
would've hoped, IMO.  Maybe with time, the "newer" refs, especially those
who are converted linesmen will become better and we get rid of some the
poorer refs.  Hockey East fans, can you say "Scott Leavitt" and "Ned
Bunyon"??

[Aside from the refs, does anyone else thinks that calls from the
blue-line have seriously deteriorated since we've only had ONE linesman??]

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Univ. of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988    (Go River Hawks????)
[log in to unmask]                          Is is October yet??????