From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 15:28:17 -0500
Something not brought up yet in this discussion is
whether the committee should pay attention to
conferences when setting up the brackets.

For instance, this year RPI and Harvard, the only ECAC
seeds, would meet at the earliest opportunity.  Minnesota
and Wisconsin, the only WCHA seeds, would meet in the
national semi-final.

My personal preference is to spread the conferences as far
apart as possible among the brackets.  This way, if one
conference is demonstrably weaker or stronger than the
others, the truth will out.  It also sets up more
inter-conference match-ups, and I think we should
encourage that.

I see that the four HE reps are split up one each per
bracket -- HE is in fact the only conference which could
conceivably send all four teams to the Final Four.

No, I don't think that will happen, either.

Greg
Boston
Let's Go Red!
Let's Go ECAC!