Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:37:43 +0000
I'm sure other teams will try the outdoor game, because the Cold War was a
huge success(although as a note to future planners, don't book country music
singers for between period entertainment).

But I don't think you will see that many repeat performances, or UM/MSU
making this a yearly affair. The fact of the matter is, there just isn't
that much interest in hockey to continuosly pack 74,500 people into a
stadium. Having gone to the game, I can say probably a strong majority of
the people there only had a passing interest in the actual hockey game, and
were there so they could be part of the spectacle of the largest game ever.

A few teams may try it, but I think this will just be a passing fad